Thursday, April 26, 2007

Aw!

I just wanted to thank Crystal for the kind words on her blog and for the crazy amount of traffic driven through here. (Geez, Crystal, you've got a lot of readers! You should definitely surpass those cats!)

It means quite a bit to Tom and I both that she is so kind to think of us and help us out! It has to be one of the nicest things that's happened to us!

If you are here to check out the details for the bathroom, please feel free. If anyone has any comments or suggestions, please leave them in the comments. We're still fairly new to this accessibility thing, and are always open to advice.

If you're looking for something a little more entertaining, I'd check the archives. Its been a blah week around here.

Thanks for stopping by. Next time, I promise to vacuum and dust first! Ooh, and don't look in the guest room closet... that's where I shove everything when I don't want to clean have unexpected company.

**** UPDATE ****

12:30 PM CST on April 27:

Because of Crystal's kindness in directing people to this cause, a total of $100 has been accumulated to help make our bathroom wheelchair accessible!

We want to thank everyone who has contributed so far. There are no words big enough to express our gratitude.

When our financial goal is reached, and the project is underway, pictures will be posted on this blog to show everyone what they helped make a reality!

6 comments:

The "Mind" said...

I'm not sure if you have looked into this, but consider contacting your local branch of Area Agency on Aging. Many times these folks bring in youth groups from churches that help build accessibility ramps. They might be able to direct you to someone or some organization that will be able to help. They should be in your yellow pages under senior citizens or elderly services. Not sure if you'll find what you'll need, but it is worth a try.

Anonymous said...

Also, if you just call contractors, they may be able to refer you to someone. My grandmother moved into our house after a stroke, and we were referred to a contractor who has a disabled son. He not only knew all the best ways to do things- he also gave us a hefty discount.

Best advice EVER was on where he placed the knob for the shower so that we wouldn't get soaked bathing her.

Good luck.

Melissa said...

I know the improvements can be costly, but truthfully, some churches have crews that do only those types of projects to help folks out.
Best of luck to y'all!

Sheila said...

Thank you all for the great ideas. I will start looking into them ASAP! I appreciate it.

igs4me said...

also try modestneeds.org and maybe a local tv station that does something like down here in oklahoma city. www.kfor.com they have a thing called in your corner that brad edwards use to due till he passed away last year, they still do it in his memory. when i've got a few spare bucks, they will be sent your way. ps. crystal sent me!

Crystal said...

Yay for the readers! I say time and time again how fantastic they are and this is just further proof! Keep on keeping us posted!

Oh, and let me know if you decide to have that silent auction. I might have some stuff I can send you, too! skydive1973cdr@gmail.com