Friday, December 02, 2005

Unnecessary Update

My sister tells me I need to update. So, here I sit, staring at the computer, thinking: Hm.. what is worth putting here to let everyone read about?

I'm still working on the homemade Christmas present I thought was such a great idea in early November. I hope it pans out, because I don't have a back up idea. Every time I think I have a good idea how I want the final object to look, I get a different idea and start to rethink it again.

I need to start wrapping some presents, but I suppose that will have to wait until I have wrapping paper (good concept, huh?). Or, I could be creative and wrap the presents in magazine photos. I've done that once. I think the person enjoyed looking at the wrapping as much as recieving the gift.

Tom and I have decided to postpone our personal Christmas until after the new year. And, I think we've gotten pretty much everyone's gifts figured out. Well, besides the presents for my niece and nephew... which I should of figured out first concidering I will still need to ship them. I guess I could be 'smart' and just ship them to their house, instead of shipping them to Missouri, then to Canada. I suppose I should talk to my sister-in-law about that. :) I guess, also, it would depend on if I order the presents online, or actually go to a store. (Another amazing concept.)

I'm not sure if we're going to make our Christmas cards this year or not. Tom hasn't come up with any ideas, and we're starting to cut it close on time. So, everyone might have to deal with (*gasp*) store bought. Or possibly, concidering our funds and the price of stamps, it'll be a New Years card.

In the mix of the Christmas season, I have (that I can recall off hand) 2 wedding shower, 2 weddings, and 2 baby showers. I think this is getting out of control. ;) Everyone must consult my calendar from now on before scheduling, okay? Thank you in advance.

My mom found this article in the paper. I sent it on to the lawyer. I sure wish something would come of it, but for some reason, I'm doubtful.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Hint: if you decide to order gifts for your niece and nephew online, you would be welcome to ship them to their mom and dad... and you could order them within Canada and therefore avoid the Canada Customs hassle, where a ridiculous surcharge, plus taxes and duties, are charged to the recipient of almost any package sent across the border... (Merry Christmas from the Canadian Government... you owe us $$$...!)

http://www.amazon.ca
http://www.toysrus.ca
http://www.ebay.ca
etc, etc ;-)