Monday, January 02, 2006

Surgery, Socializing, Scary, and Sparkling?

(I think I tried too hard with that title...)

My dad may go in for surgery as soon as Wednesday. The mass touching his spine is starting to cause issues. Something must be done to attempt to avoid paralysis. (For anyone who knows about spinal cords, or wants to scare themselves researching it: the mass is pressing on the T-6. FYI: Tom's a C-5.) They can't say for sure whether or not it will work, though. We're looking at 10 - 12 hours of surgery, minimum. Man, I love hospital waiting rooms... they're almost like a second home.

Angie went to Nashville for a church retreat. She'll be back Thursday, I think. I suppose I should figure that out considering I think I'm her ride home from the church. I guess, when she calls and says to pick her up, I will.

Tom's mom came over to our house around 10:30 pm, meeting me in the driveway. She had gotten a phone call from someone saying that everyone was okay, but their house had caught fire. She had thought for sure that it was me that had called, and came over immediately to make sure we were okay. Needless to say, she was a little shocked that our house was not on fire... Dona drove to her sister's house to check if it was her that called, and sadly it was. Again, everyone is okay. I don't know what condition the house is in, yet. (What months do we have covered now?)

Hm. I am whitening my teeth as we speak (read - whatever). Hopefully. Otherwise I have this pretty crappy tasting stuff in my mouth for no good reason. It makes my tongue feel weird. And, what is worse is I forgot to look at my teeth before I started. I have nothing to compare it to when I'm done. Well, that's us smokers get... yellow teeth and weird feeling tongues.

Note to self: A little goes a long way. Do not overfill tray. Yuck yuck yuck. Gotta love the tingly sensation of Hydrogen Peroxide on the tongue.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Thanks for blogging about this stuff because otherwise I wouldn't know about it!! Keep us posted ok?

Trisha (Ashlyn's Adoring Mommy) said...

You are entirely too weird!!