Sunday, February 19, 2006

Odds and Ends

Lisa and I are going to check out some modular homes on Monday, and see if its anything worth seriously concidering. We're also going to see if they know where we can stick one of these contraptions (no comments from the peanut gallery on the phrasing of that, please).

I'm waiting on the transcripts of my taxes for the past 3 years to move forward with the first time home buyer's loan. If anyone knows where / how to get these faster than waiting for them in the mail, please let me know.

I dyed my sister's hair tonight, again (we attempted highlights last night - which didn't look bad, but it wasn't what she wanted). Kristin came over to my folks house with me and visited while Angie and I hid in the bathroom.

They hired a new manager that will start on Tuesday, which means I will be able to step back soon. Thank goodness.

Angie starts her new job on Monday! Yay!! I hope she likes it.

Dad's occupational therapist is not very bright, we've decided. I've not met her personally, but any OT that doesn't know how to work a hoyer lift needs retraining. And, seriously, if the cushion doesn't stay in the seat, shouldn't you figure out why? Also, wouldn't you think they'd check over the wheelchair to make sure everything is kosher BEFORE putting someone in it? Thank goodness Angie and I looked it over and fixed some issues before Dad goes to sit in it again... Otherwise, he might of toppled over backwards!! Not okay, not okay, not okay. Okay? Okay.

I'm going to talk to Rich about sticking around here for another month until we get everything sorted out. You know - offer up some cash. Hopefully that will buy us some time, because we're really working on cutting it close here.

Tom's mom re-opened the Stamp Patch on Valentine's Day. I forgot to mention it sooner. Anyhow, send business their way! Now! (Hm, they used to have a web site... I wonder if they took it down or if I'm a moron and can't figure out the address.)

The 'Odds' have offically 'Ended' (see post title).

No comments: