Thursday, April 20, 2006

Lull in activities - still

When it comes down to it, my life is pretty boring.

Angie and I hung out Tuesday, which was nice. Spent some time over at my mom's that evening.

No news to report on the house, yet. Supposedly, I'll know Friday if everything with the underwriters works out and my loan paperwork can be finalized.

I think we're still shooting towards moving in the last weekend in April, and will probably stay our first night there May 1st. Who knows, though. If everyone who has volunteered to help us move really shows up here that weekend, we should be able to get everything in one caravan!!

Hopefully we'll have a housewarming party June 10th. Pencil that into your calendar, but keep your ears open for changes. (Yes, Angie, I changed the date already.) Of course, it will have to be a pot luck and BYOB (as new home owners we'll be broke).

I've been trying to map out how we'll set up the bedroom at the new place. Its kinda making my head hurt. Obviously, we'd like to keep everything that is currently in this bedroom in the new one... And technically, they're the same size room. But, with the different placement of the doors and closets, and the fact that the ceiling is not vaulted in the new place... it affects the furniture placement majorly. Like - Tom's TV, which we have on a wall bracket here... I'm not sure if that'll work at the new place. And, if it doesn't, where in the world are we supposed to put it?!

Yeah, yeah. It'll all work out just fine. I just don't have anything else to occupy my thoughts at the moment. Oh, I could be packing. Where's the fun in that, though?

Hm - what else... Oh, Tom got a new low air-loss mattress today. It sucks. It sets on top of a regular mattress, and doesn't seem to be nearly as affective as the one we borrowed in the past. I think we're going to suggest a different style. But, heck, what do we know? We just got it. Maybe he'll like it more than he thinks...

And, the water lines are screwy right now. We went from average pressure to little pressure to no pressure to above average pressure, back to no pressure and then back to above average pressure - all within an 10 hour period of time. The lines have been messed up for a couple of days now (which the city is working on), and having running water when you need it is anyone's guess. Can't hardly get a load of laundry to wash before the pressure changes again. Let alone the dishes!! Thank goodness Paul was keeping an eye on it all and snuck in the dishes and some laundry before everything goes kapoot again.

Alright, alright. Enough mindless drivel.

I'm outta here.

No comments: