Saturday, April 22, 2006

Outdoor fun for all!

We got up early this morning to go to a geocaching event, called CITO (Cache In, Trash Out), at Jacomo. Tom, Paul and I met a lot of fellow 'cachers' for lunch, then they moved across the cove to pick up trash. (I had to go to work.) From what I gather, Tom ended up hauling trash bags for everyone. He seemed to have lots of fun.

Angie took Daisy to get her shaved! (This dog does not look like Daisy anymore!) She brought the dog by DQ to get a treat after being so well behaved throughout the ordeal.

After I got off work, I decided to stop by my mom's. She and Angie were working on getting all the leaves off the pool cover so they could eventually take it off.

And, of course, I decided to help... which wasn't smart, since I had no idea what I was doing. Somehow, we ended up unhooking the cover (okay - that was my fault - I told you I didn't know what I was doing!), so we decided to go ahead and take it off today. It didn't seem like it was going to be a big deal! Honestly, there didn't seem to be that much water sitting on top of the cover...

Except, it ended up taking 2 hours of tugging, pulling, and using the subpump. I swear we siphened off 100 gallons of water! And, ended up tugging the cover over the edge with 50 gallons still on the cover!!

Angie did a wonderful sliding technique in the mud (which did not help take the cover off the pool) during this process. It was frickin' hilarious!

Finally, we got it removed.

I am exhausted. My arms are going to hurt like crazy tomorrow.

Oh well. What do you do?

Well, now, I suppose you fill up the pool. Thank God that's not my water bill.

(PS - Supposedly I'll know about my loan on Monday, now. Keep crossing your fingers.)

1 comment:

jestjuggle said...

Happy to see another post for a CITO event. It is very rewarding to give back to good ole Mother Earth!

Mike and Barb
At Jestcaching