Monday, June 19, 2006

Thank God for Friends and Family

I wanted to thank everyone that made it over on Saturday. I think it was a great turn out.

I felt very scattered and wanted to spend more time with each visitor.

I regret not sitting down with my family longer, especially my Aunt Lisa whom I rarely get to see! Hopefully she'll be able to make it back sometime soon.

I feel I don't really have the hostess position figured out. Or, maybe the ideal hostess feels scattered and like she didn't talk to each individual visitor as much as she should have.

If that is the case, I make a great hostess.

I hope this isn't the last gathering at my house. I really enjoyed the fact that I had enough room to have company over without everyone stepping on each other.

The night was over late. I think my head finally hit my pillow at 5 am. I've still not fully recovered from the long evening!

Bless Paul, though. He had the house cleaned up and the dishes done before he went to sleep that very evening! It was wonderful to wake up and not have to pick up everything from the night before.

Hopefully work didn't suffer too much from my bad timing. I went in for a while Sunday evening and attempted to help catch up. I'm fairly sure that there will not be a cake in the store come Monday morning. Which, in all honesty, is a great thing. I just hope that there were enough for all the customers!

No comments: