Saturday, September 16, 2006

Huh?

Harmlessly, I ask Tom to call in his prescriptions today while I'm out at the grocery store. I explain to him that he can do it 'the old fashion way' by talking to a real person, instead of trying to press all those buttons on the phone (which is really difficult for him).

He was a little hesitant, but decided to take it on anyhow.

Of course, though, the one time that I ask him to call the pharmacy would be the one time that every thing gets all screwy.

Turns out that Tom's insurance stopped covering his prescriptions.

All of them.

At the same time.

Uh, where's our frickin' memo?! Why weren't we clued in to this problem BEFORE we went to refill his 'scripts?

Now we have to call Tom's case worker on Monday morning. This would be the same case worker who's voicemail is always full, and she never seems to answer her phone. I think we've actually spoken 3 times in the last three years.

This case worker makes me feel more stupid by the time I get off the phone with her. I realize that she's very familiar with the 'system', so all this information comes naturally to her, but... ya know... some of us don't know much about this crap.

Thank God we moved out of that county. So, the main point of the call is to figure out who Tom's new case worker is. I hope this isn't too traumatizing.

Who knows when this situation will be figured out.

I will tell you that if Tom's 'scripts aren't covered soon, we'll have to take out a loan to fill these things!

No comments: