Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Stuck

I hate it when a song keeps circulating in your head.

I hate it worse when its only one verse or one line.

But, the absolute most miserable is when you can only remember a couple of words in song that is causing such the ruckus.

And, no matter what you try, its still stuck there.

I've been singing the chorus from the musical Grease, Hopelessly Devoted, for over a week now.

Luckily (or not, you know, depending on how you look at it), I've remembered the whole chorus.

Its driving me slowly insane. Poor Tom, though, it was driving him crazy from the start.

So, tonight I heard a line or two from Abba's Dancing Queen (courtesy of American Idol - which I tried to sneak in watching between commercials of what Tom was watching - which Tom didn't appreciate at all since all reality TV is Satan's spawn, according to him).

I started singing the chorus to it, and ended up humming half of it. I'd start it again, and continue to lose the words.

I had to ask Tom, whom had been subjected to me humming the missing pieces for long enough that he had spaced the words as well.

I had to Google the lyrics to Dancing Queen!!

Anyhow, my brain is torn between Hopelessly Devoted and Dancing Queen.

Its a sad world - in more than one aspect.

1 comment:

Trisha (Ashlyn's Adoring Mommy) said...

Well THANKS A LOT! See now just the mere suggestion of songs gets them stuck in my head forever. Guess you just wanted to take everyone down with you. That's just not right!! I normally get the new Beyonce song, "To the left, to the left, everything you own in a box to the left." stuck in my above average brain for days on end!! LOL.