Tuesday, October 25, 2005

FAP

Do you know what this is? Well, let me explain it to you. It would appear that my lovely satelite internet connection has this FAP junk (from what I've found out on a bulliten board that is against my provider - information that would of been useful before I signed up for the 15 month contract...). Basically, if you decide you're going to download a very large file, it throws your connection speed down lower than the slowest dial up!

FAP means Fair Access Plan or something. They've (the infamous 'they') decided that in order to give everyone equal access to their 'high' internet speed they have the right to knock your download speed down to zilch - I mean zilch too... less than 18 kb I think? Does this make sense to you? Why am I paying a chunk of change to sit and stare at the loading bar move slower than a dead turtle? I'm not sure.

I think I'm going to research this more.

I wish there was an alternate provider here on the outskirts of town. I can't believe I can drive to a new subdivision (with DSL access, mind you) in less than 2 minutes. But, they won't run the DSL lines out here. I'm a little perturbed with the whole situation.

Yeah, fair warning to anyone out there. Research the satelite provider a little better before signing your life away. And, you probably don't want to use the service I have.

No comments: