Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Cookies, Clever ideas, and Computer crap

Tom's mom came over tonight to visit, bringing homemade cookies from a friend - which we always enjoy! Yum! (*Hi Dona!*) I really enjoy visiting with her (and, no, I'm not sucking up). She is kindly helping me out with a home made Christmas present this year.

Yeah, note to self (or whomever believes they'll be creative this year with a present): When you have a brilliant idea to make a gift, make sure you have a clue as to what you're doing. Or, you know, just ask Tom's mom.

I also asked her 20 million questions about her family, since I've been working on their family tree. With today's input, I've already found more information online for their family.

But, my family tree software keeps denying the fact that I have satellite internet (therefore eternally connected to the web), and keeps telling me to get online. I've attempted to 'troubleshoot' the problem with my software's online help junk to no avail. Now, I could call the help line... but they believe their time is worth $2 a minute!! Whatever. They'd probably eat up a whole paycheck of mine by keeping me on hold for 30 minutes. Anyhow, the whole research process is a little slower this way...

No comments: