Monday, November 21, 2005

Holy Geez!!

I totally forgot to share last night's events with everyone!

Angie wanted me to listen to a Bing Crosby record (yes, a real vinyl 33 record). That went off without a hitch. But, then, I get the crazy idea to find some of the old records I listened to as a child. Of course, my sister (being the 'anything music' obsessed freak she is *Hi Angie!*) knew exactly where they were.

We listened to Elvis Presley's Devil in Disguise, Jonathan Edwards Sunshine (go away today) and Tommy Roe's Jack and Jill. These three were staples in my collection. I loved them more than my 45's of Michael Jackson or Wham (yeah, that dates me a little... but look at you, you probably know who Tommy Roe is! I had to look him up!).

Then, I get the bright idea to listen to listen to my old Cinderella record. I remember when I was young, I had left my record player sitting on my bed (in the sun). Cinderella was never the same after that... Of course, Angie helped out (accidentally) and chipped a pie piece of out it. She 'elmer glued' it back, though. We decided to listen to Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo, and darned if that record didn't skip over all the words in the song! It was hilarious! We listened to the whole song to make sure we weren't crazy. Somehow, the pie piece of the 33 held all the words to the song... it would play all the musical part... but when it came to the words it was like a giantic hiccup!

No, we're not done yet.

After literally laughing so hard we were doubled over, we decided to find our old Sesame Street (this is the closest verison I can find) 33, too.

Anyhow, I've now taken on the mission of figuring out which album that was, and am trying to find a verison of the Sesame Street song (Has Anybody Seen My Dog by Marty and Grover) that kept Angie and I entertained for at least a good half hour (we were trying to make a ring tone for my cellphone with it). I could just ask Angie for the info, but what else do I have to do at this time in the morning but scour the internet for an album I have no information on. :D

If I find it, I'll let you know.

I'm sure you'll be waiting in anticipation!

** I found the song! Angie, you'll have to steal it from me! Its in perfect condition! **

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Has anybody seen HAS ANYBODY SEEN MY DOG!!!! :-) lol did you get bored?