Monday, November 21, 2005

Holiday Cheer (yipee!)

I started painting the windows at DQ. Its really fun, and the employees seem to think its looks alright. ;) I only got one window done (with the help of my lovely assistant Angie). We're going to try for another on Tuesday. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm going to do one of Santa. Heck no! Firstly, I might be creative - maybe even a little artsy, but Santa is not in my realm of abilites (human faces are not my forte'). Secondly, the paintings should be generic to appeal to all types of people. So, to all of those expecting a Santa, tough luck!

I'm moving along with my Christmas shopping at a pretty decent rate. I just hope I don't run out of money before I get everyone on my list marked off. I've been budgeting diligently since the beginning of October, and believe I'll make it just fine. Of course, if I were smart, I would budget all year round. But, seriously, what is the fun in that? I'm getting my bills paid... who needs a savings account? ;)

Man, I went out with Elizabeth tonight to get some Christmas shopping out of the way, and I could not - for the life of me - drive from one place to another without saying, "Now, how do I get there again?" We were Independence, and in my defense, I don't normally drive around that area. But, I was seriously drawing a blank on how to get from well-known point A to well-known point B. Rather unusual. Made for an interesting evening, though.

No comments: