Sunday, April 30, 2006

Closer

The kitchen looks marvelous! I'm so thrilled with it! We moved a cabinet that was an annoyance to access the master bedroom. We took out the major threshold to the master bedroom, also. So, now its much easier on Tom than before.

And, we found 3 gallons of lighter paints that came with the house to repaint the living room, which also looks amazing. It brightened it up significantly and made it look so much cleaner.

James is working on finding a fireplace insert to replace ours.

The lawn was mowed and weed-eated (yeah, its not a word - deal with it).

Two more small truck loads of boxes were moved over today.

We haven't even started to come close to unpacking boxes, but it already is starting to feel like home!!

Tomorrow, I work. Again. Blah. Then, I'm stopping by my mom's to pick up the truck and going to the apartment to pack up more stuff.

While I'm at work, Bill and Lisa are going to paint the master bedroom and the main bathroom. We're not going to mess with the other two bedrooms, they look fine enough. If they are motivated enough, they will paint the half bath and the trim in the guest room (because whomever painted the room before hit the woodwork so many times!).

Lisa will then meet me at the apartment to help pack some more. My aunts are supposed to help out too, but I'm not sure where we'll be when they get out of church.

We might actually be able to move in some furniture tomorrow! Which was my goal all along, although I don't know how I would of been able to do it if it hadn't of been for all the wonderful people helping out!!

Gosh, I just don't know how to say thank you enough to everyone. It really means a lot to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

its looking really good, I'm so happy for you! its so awesome how many people you have helping you out, they're amazing. hope its starting to feel more like a home

the scrapbooking stuff is great, to think I was afraid that when I got my stuff from anna I still wouldn't have anywhere to start lol... there is stuff in there like nice markers and whatnot that I don't know if you want to keep or not. I'm notsure where to put it but I do have the trunk empty if you want it to put more blankets or something. anyhow I better go. talk to you later