Sunday, April 30, 2006

One more day

So, I went to my mom's after work today to grab Dad's truck to move. And, of course, the truck won't start. I try. I try again. Angie tries. She tries again. I go across the street and ask Frank to come start the truck. Frank tries and tries. Pops the hood, looks at this and that - nothing. Great. Now we need to fix the truck - maybe something electrical? But, I didn't have to pay to gas it up... ;)

Karen, Pauletta and Grandma meet me at the apartment and help pack up and load up a bunch of stuff. Grandma calls Danny to come over to help, which was a great thing! He piled up the back of his truck with more stuff than I thought possible!

JW and James showed up as we were getting ready to leave, and they piled stuff into their trucks too.

I think all we have left is odds and ends, and the big stuff left at the apartment. We should be able to get it done tomorrow, I hope.

Which means this might be my last post for a little while, because our high speed internet isn't hooked up over there yet. I'll end up using Tom's lap top to check my email, but not spend enough time online to post.

I have no idea how we ended up with so much crap. The shed over at the new house is pretty much full. And, we still have some items that need to be stored outside... The guest bedroom is definately the catch-all right now. Oh well, huh? We'll figure it out.

On the plus side, the kitchen is pretty well ready to go. And, realistically, there isn't much big stuff to move. But, still, its the big stuff. And, big stuff isn't fun at all to move. Especially since the couch we have is a hide-a-bed! Yikes!

Tom made it out the back door today. Its a little tight right now because of the way the doors open. But, we'll fix that eventually. Maybe put some baby ramps there so its a little easier to get over. And ramps for the front door also.

Tom and his dad swapped a power washer for a lawn mower today. So, I guess we have a mower. Hm... which will definately have to be stored in the shed somehow... I'll have to think on that one.

Anyhow - again, I'd like to thank everyone involved in this process. I'm continuously amazed at the amount of people that have helped out!!

We should have a new home tomorrow. We'll be staying the night there. My cats aren't going to know what to think!

Alright. Enough rambling. Hope to post again soon!!

No comments: