Thursday, May 11, 2006

Clever titles are hard to come up with...

Went to the doctor today to discuss all of Tom's 'little' problems.

The doctor decided to switch Tom's pain medications to see if he will be able to make it through the day more comfortably. This change is a little nerve-racking for Tom. He's afraid of having a weird reaction to it, which I'm pretty sure won't happen. He took this pain killer in the hospital right after he got hurt without any major problems.

We will be weaning him off of his old pain medication, which makes me a little nervous. The only reason this makes me nervous is because I'm in charge of weaning him off. I hate being in charge of Tom's medical crap. I am not a nurse, FYI.

She also gave Tom an antibiotic since he's still congested from this cold. She wants to make sure he does not get pneumonia from this crap.

And, lastly, she gave him an anti-diuretic that we'll start after Tom adjusts to the new pain medication. This will hopefully help keep his blood pressure raised so he does not have to fight this light headedness that he's been dealing with for the last couple of weeks.

We're waiting to see if any of these changes will help Tom's nausea, which he seems to have bouts with every other day at least.

Yeah, Tom has been going through some major crap lately. Hopefully these changes will be for the better.

I'm still not completely settled into the house. I've decided I have been the 'Knick Knack Queen' for too long. I must down size. Now, how do you decide which ones to get rid of?!

No comments: