Saturday, May 13, 2006

Fish Bowls

I've mentioned to a few people my 'fish bowl theory'.

I don't know why I've decided I need to share it with everyone, but here we go:

Fish grow only big enough to fit into their aquarium. Therefore, if you buy a small gold fish, and stick it in a cup, it probably won't grow much bigger. But, if you put the fish into a larger aquarium, the fish will grow larger. The fish in the big water garden at the old apartment were just gold fish, mind you. And, they're huge, now!

(I don't know how I know this. And, I don't know it to be true. But, humor me.)

So, I've had this fear since moving my cats into this house that they will turn into either even larger blobs of cats, or mountain lions!!

Anyhow - thats it. My theory. Ta -da.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

one of these days I'm going to get my pocket umbrella out from the side door of your car, I keep forgetting - its been there since I bought my car .....

so, how are you?

Dusko Bojic aka Che Guebuddha said...

You said "Fish grow only big enough to fit into their aquarium. Therefore, if you buy a small gold fish, and stick it in a cup, it probably won't grow much bigger. But, if you put the fish into a larger aquarium, the fish will grow larger."

That is a myth! A goldfish is not meant to be kept in side a fish bowl because it will get stunted and will die premature. The same thing will happen to a 5 year old kid that is locked inside a wooden box for next 20 years. Stunted.
If you wish to learn more about responsible fish-keeping you can join www.aquahobby.com and www.aquariumpoetry.blogspot.com

Any living creature deserves good life, so does the one behind the aquarium glass.
Join responsible fish-keeping.

Kind regards, Dusko.