Saturday, July 08, 2006

Man, I'm tired.

My phone rang at 9:30 this morning. It was work asking me what to do about the freezer breaking down. I immediately say, "Call your manager," hang up and try to go back to sleep. Of course, it didn't work.

I finally crawled out of bed officially at 10:30, knowing that I really should of tried to get to camp earlier... I was really craving my bed, though.

I got Tom dressed and I hurried out the door - making it to camp by 11:15, I think.

We did this and that and contemplated the other... I don't know how much we really accomplished, but at least we tried.

I left around 5, ran home to change clothes and left the house again. Went to pick up Tom's pain meds and headed straight to work.

There were no extra cakes in the back. The freezers were nearly empty. I had two special orders to make. It was getting later in the evening... prime time for business (and not a great time to be making special order cakes).

I worked my rear off until 10pm, and barely made a dent. Funny how I thought I might be able to take off work tomorrow!

I come home, get Tom into bed, check my email and decide to post quickly. Now I must set up Tom's meds for the week, give Tom his pills and then I can consider going to sleep.

And it starts all over again tomorrow!

Whee! Gotta love busy weeks...

No comments: