Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Whatcha gunna do?

Angie and I have been talking quite a bit about going to Rich Hill.

What in the world is in Rich Hill, y'all ask?

Interestingly enough, cemeteries, we hope.

While researching our mother's family line, I've seen that a lot of our family is buried in Rich Hill or Butler.

So, Angie and I are going to make a day of it. We're going to take photos of the headstones for our family history. Hopefully we'll be able to find quite a few (we're looking for 42!) of them and be able to get some decent shots before they deteriorate too much, which obviously is a hazard of old headstones. Heck, maybe we'll find some cool information that we hadn't known about previously.

Anyhow - we're contemplating on when we should go. I wonder how the weather is going to be on Saturday.

We're also thinking about going here or here. We haven't really decided yet. We've just got an itch to do something besides sit at home. Maybe the weather (and Tom's rear) will cooperate and he'll come with us... although, I don't know if he'd be interested. I'll have to ask.

No comments: