Friday, October 06, 2006

I swear my car is black

I know, I know. I live on a gravel road.

So, my car will never be pristine.

Unless they decide to pave the roads - which will probably never happen. Or, it'll happen the day after I get a new car... which won't be for a long long time.

But, when my beautiful black car is so dirty that you can't tell its black anymore, its time to take it to the car wash.

So, that's what I did last night.

I pull up to the quarter car wash, and give my car a good dousing of soapy water. I decided to go late at night so I could drive up my gravel road when no one else would be traveling on it. Therefore, no one else would throw dust up on my car, and I could drive really slow to attempt to keep the car as clean as possible.

Well, for living on a gravel road.

So, of course, as I turn onto my road, some huge truck had just raced down the long gravel road.

I had to drive through the largest dust cloud I've seen, all the way up my road.

My car still isn't black.

In fact, I'm fairly sure its dirtier than before I went to the car wash.

Nice.

No comments: