Monday, January 23, 2006

Dad Update

I wanted to update everyone on what I know about my dad's doctors appointment last night, but my internet connection was not being cooperative. So...

The doctors want to start my dad on a new round of chemo. They're concerned with his previously detected heart issue, though. And, this chemo has been known to cause heart problems. So, once they get the all clear from the cardiologist they hope to get going. The chemo will be once every three weeks. There is a risk of acquiring leukemia as well. Mom said that this chemo will make Dad's hair fall out. And, when it grows back it will be red and curly.

I told mom I would probably giggle about my dad's hair when it grows back. I mean, the soul has had salt and pepper bone straight hair for as long as I can recall. Mom said she'd probably laugh, too. (Don't tell Dad!)

I don't know what this form of chemo is called. Even if I did, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to spell it. So, if you're really curious, I'd suggest calling my parents.

No comments: