Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Another one bites the dust

I marked another thing off of my list tonight.

I painted the guest bathroom.

Its yellow.

Like, intense yellow.

Like, I'll have to look at it tomorrow to see if I can leave it alone or if I'll have to think of something to help tone it down. (Of course, it might just be helpful to put some kind of decor up on the walls.)

I thought having a crazy bright color in there would help make the room look larger and brighter.

Instead, I think it might permanently affect someone's vision.

I don't need any law suits from a guest trying to use the bathroom.

But, there's something more spectacular about the guest bathroom being painted tonight.

Wanna know what it is?


Wait for it....


wait for it...



Tom's in the Guest Bedroom!!

Tom found a way into the guest room for the first time tonight!!

We took off his foot rests (which add a foot - no pun intended - to his chair's length) and he carefully manuevered around the corner!

(Yeah, the dresser is a mess. Gemme a break, I was painting!)

He made his way to the bathroom door (which is closed in this photo because we didn't want to endure the paint fumes - and the yellow paint would of detracted from the importance of this photo) and checked out my work.

And, he meandered over to Paul's room, just to prove he could do it, before making his way back into the living room.

Pretty exciting, huh?

Well, it is for me. So, deal with it. ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thats very exciting!! does his feet drag? I was going to help you paint the bathroom... I will still offer my services for the vanity and all this weekend (or monday/tuesday) if you would like it

Anonymous said...

I think it is VERY exciting! What made you all think about doing this? It has to make Tom feel more "capable" for lack of a better word.