Friday, November 17, 2006

Them Good Ol' Boys

I actually turned off my computer last night around 10 pm and decided to go to sleep early.

I started flipping through the channels (we sleep with the TV on) and noticed the Dukes of Hazzard movie was coming on within a half hour. Since I hadn't seen it before, I decided to give it a whirl.

I knew that the movie was going to be a let down. I had been told that several times already. The only parts of the movie I really enjoyed (because they were similar to the show) would be the narrator and some of the car chase scenes.

As I watched the movie, I started questioning my own memories of the Dukes of Hazzard TV show. For example, I seriously didn't remember that the Dukes ran moonshine, or that they were on probation for doing such a thing!

I had to look it up to see if the movie was taking liberties or if that information was based on the tv show!

Seriously, if you were a fan of the Duke boys, you should check out Wikipedia and read through everything on the page. I'm sure that there is tons of information that most of us didn't know / don't recall.

Bo and Luke were replaced for a season by other cousins?

wha....? I so don't remember that.

On a side note, I cannot believe I just wrote an entire post on the frickin' Dukes of Hazzard.

How big of a loser am I?

Please, don't answer that question, I already know.

No comments: