Sunday, April 15, 2007

You wanted to know...

I asked Blue to email me some questions, and these are some doozies (is that a real word?). Pay attention:

  1. Your boyfriend Tom was in a serious accident a few years back. He broke his C5. While there was no way for you to have known or prevented his accident, do you ever feel guilty for the nap? Absolutely. I've not been able to take a nap on my couch (which is where I napped on the day of the accident) since that day, actually. I try not to dwell on it too much, because I can't change it. But, I could easily let it get the best of me and be a complete and total disaster.
  2. Were you and Tom planning on being married, are still planning on being married, or have decided that with all of the bills that come hand in hand with a disability, to leave things as are? Uhm, no. Tom and I were not close to marriage before he got hurt. And, since he's been hurt, it is not financially smart for us to consider marriage. If it weren't a matter of finances? Well, I don't know...
  3. When do you have time for yourself? Between working and Tom, is there something that you like to do, besides blogging, to let yourself relax? Myself, I like a hot bath. I spend time with my mom and sister. Or Elizabeth. Or Trish. I guess I would say that I like to go out to a casual place and just visit.
  4. Do you want children someday, and with Tom’s C5 break, is this possible? Would you adopt if the cost was not an issue? On that vein, don’t you think it is absolutely ridiculous that thousands of kids need a home and thousands of parents have a home waiting for them, but cannot adopt because of the ridiculous cost involved? I really think I would like to have children one day. With Tom's injury, its not impossible, but the chances go down significantly. I'm not against adoption, but have never seriously considered it because of the cost issue. And, I do think its absurd that it's so costly to adopt. Some mother on welfare can have fourteen kids and the government pays for them all. But, if I were to attempt to adopt, all my money would be sucked into that process... then I would have to go on welfare to support myself - whether or not I was approved to adopt! Wait... maybe this can work after all. ;)
  5. What are you passionate about? Any causes you support? Any hobbies we the interweb do not know about? As your official stalker, I need to know these things. I'm completely into photography, although I don't know much about the mechanics of it. I'd say that I'd like to get into it professionally, but pretty much anyone can do what I'm capable of doing. Therefore, I doubt I will ever get paid for it. Although, if you wanna pay me, its cool. I used to love the pottery wheel way back in high school, and would love to get rich enough to buy my own wheel. I'm kind of a 'hands on' type of person. But, that whole physical labor thing, well... it ain't happenin'.
Boy, those were some hard questions. I hope I didn't cut too many corners with my answers. I tried to make them all understandable.

Anyway - if you wanna play:

Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions. You will update your weblog with the answers to the questions. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

3 comments:

Dixie said...

I'll play! Interview me!

Sheila said...

M'kay. Lemme think of some hard ones. ;) I'll email them to you tonight (uhm, my tonight, not your tonight).

igs4me said...

oh me too!!!! this sounds like fun? i think? lol. ps. crystal sent me! :)